🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

2d Artists wanted for tower defence game

Started by
0 comments, last by duncanperham 3 years, 7 months ago

Hi there

I am a c programmer of 25+ years, I am currently thinking about making a new game, I have developed and published a game before.

Rescue From Goblin Deep on Steam (steampowered.com)

I know what is required to complete a game, and that is why I am here asking for help, as I am not going to do it all myself again, goblin deep took over 2 years to be finished tested and published.

The coding side of the game is no problem, I can achieve all of that, what I know I need is several artists, ideally 3 or more, with extra skills, project management and audio a bonus. The game idea is currently very basic, and will want all team members to have input into shaping the game.

I am 47, own my house and am a fire fighter, I have lots of free time and I'm financially stable. I'm not doing it for the money (although that is always nice). Once I commit to the project seriously, I will see it through to the end. My strong point is coding and testing. I'm not very good at art, audio, sales, web sites, managing people etc.

As for sorting out revenue split and legal stuff, I will let another team member deal with that.

I have my own engine, in which I can achieve a lot in, I am using spine2d for all the art assets/animations, so at least one person knowing(or willing to learn) that is essential. An art style similar to the picture below or better is required.

The current art is just art that I bought to lay it out and set up the engine. That is kind of where I want to go with the art style for the game. Artists are the key part of making a game that looks good, without sufficient artists the game will not proceed, anyone who wants to join the project must have art skills, the other skills required to make a game should hopefully be filled in by the artists or me if no one is willing.

Key areas of art are full screen pictures, back drops, interface, characters, effects, and terrain props. Most of which are animated in spine2d(Spine: 2D skeletal animation for games (esotericsoftware.com)).

From experience, the game will most probably take 1 to 2 years to complete, in which time there will be no revenue most likely. I'm not a fan of early access as it has a bad reputation for not finishing projects.

If you are interested in joining a team that will actually finish a project, send me an email to duncanperham@hotmail. com. Of course that's assuming there is enough skills to start the project…

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement