🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[Hobby/RevShare] Metal Gear Solid Style Stealth Game looking for Cutscene Illustrator and Game/Level Designer

Started by
0 comments, last by vey 3 years, 8 months ago

Hi there,

For the past couple of years I've been developing a technical prototype and a complex spy-thriller story for an MGS-inspired Stealth Game and commissioned some good assets to use with it.

I’ve been bringing people on during this year in order to form a proper team and create a good production. I have met some amazing people but I need to bring on at least two more. I’m looking for motivated people that want to develop something interesting and dark in their spare time.

Gameplay video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgiufxawim1tn2f/DeadGuards.mov?dl=0

Cutscene video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gaj3vdoa0dwi6q/BanditDialogue_Fin2.mov?dl=0

Excuse the bad acting and Swedish accents, it’s just me and my wife doing the voice acting for the moment :-)

So what do we have today?

• A completely developed, not so predictable storyline with well motivated characters
  • A well developed art style for cutscenes
  • Friendly mood. We always have a lot of fun while getting things done on our work meetings
  • The basic “sanity requirement” gameplay features are developed and work decently well, so we’re at a fun stage of adding content

Among other things the prototype has:

• AI that can search for the player and attack together
  • Saving/Loading the game
  • Inventory with crafting
  • Framework for in-engine cutscenes

Open Position 1: Cutscene Illustrator / Art director

Our Cutscene illustrator / Art director has received an offer to become the Art Director for a AAA game project and can no longer dedicate himself to this project, so we are looking to bring in a replacement as soon as possible to continue production.

Needless to say we’re looking for someone with good art skills and the ability to produce content in accordance with the established art direction. Colour palettes and other previous work are available.

Open Position 2: Game / Level designer

Currently all level and game design falls on me and I need to share the burden. I’m not looking to let this go completely and dump it into somebody’s lap, but someone else needs to own this part. Ideally you're a fan of stealth games with a good feel for what's fun and what isn’t. I am open to other ideas and influences however.

The main work will be

• Ironing out concepts and features for development
  • Designing levels on paper and in the editor. They’re quite easy to set up, with a documented process for how everything works

For both positions

We’re looking for friendly people that want to create something great and make some good friends in the process. If you want to sit around doing just your thing without spending time discussing the project with the rest of us, we won’t be a fit.

We need you to have a decent level of English and prefer that you either live in Europe or that you are able to dial in to a weekly meeting on Wednesday or Thursday evenings roughly 6 PM CET (exact hour is subject to change but it’s quite locked down to one of those two days). If you're in a very different time zone I am usually up quite early so I can brainstorm one-on-one quite frequently as well.

We’re all 30-something and while we have a lot of fun together, we’re very serious about what we’re doing. We don’t need you to be the same age as us, but we want to work with dependable people who can take ownership of their work, deliver it with quality and show up to meetings.

How to apply

Add me on Discord benjaminnystrom_official#0526 and send me a message containing

• Your location, timezone and age
  • A brief summary of your background
  • A link to some sample of your work (screenshots, design doc, movie clip)

Open application

Think you can contribute something that I’m not explicitly mentioning? Hit me up and let’s have a chat :-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement