🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I'm an amateur writer looking for an amateur writer/designer

Started by
7 comments, last by MariaJ 3 years, 8 months ago

Greetings, people who probably know way more than me! I've decided to get into the gaming industry right after highschool and that will be next year so feeling kinda pressured. My passion is writing and design but I feel intimidated about creating an entire story by myself.

I'm looking for another fellow writer/designer with no experience but a fire in their eyes. I have nothing to offer you money wise but we can be friends and I'll send you songs and memes and cheer you up when you're sad! I have a clean slate right now so you won't be diving into a half finished story. I plan on finding people for everything else when I get there.

Requirements:

• Either no experience or lots of patience
  • a passion for writing
  • open minded
  • not claustrophobic around complex stories
  • dedication
  • hard work
  • actively working on story daily

Why work with me?

• this is a great way for both of us to break into the industry
  • a great way to build skills required for game design, not just in designing and writing but in people skills
  • we could end up sticking together as a team
  • I'm patient, kind, understanding, dedicated, and creative
  • I'll listen to your words and suggestions and take them into account
  • once again, memes and cheering up

I know more baby designers like me are out there, so what are you waiting for? Come to me cause I couldn't find you! ?

Also, designers already in the industry! Your advice would be invaluable to me. So please take a minute or so to give me a hand. Remember, you were me once.

Comment any questions, concerns, or applications below!

Advertisement

@RainySkySoul Hello, I'm an avid writer and have written several short stories and the like. I'm willing to team up or whatever :p

What kind of game are you looking to make?

Is currently working on a rpg/roguelike
Dungeons Under Gannar
Devblog

@undefined Thank you for the offer! I am a bit busy in my personal life at the moment, but I'll get back to you when I can!

@lendrigan games I am looking to make games that are narratively focused or complex, but I'd be glad to write and design levels and other details for other kinds of games as well, although I prefer at least some narrative.

@RainySkySoul I meant “kind of game” in terms of what kind of what gameplay will be involved, i.e. platformer, first person shooter, hidden object, visual novel, etc.

Is currently working on a rpg/roguelike
Dungeons Under Gannar
Devblog

@undefined Apologies for the misunderstanding! Gameplay wise I'm flexible and willing to work on games of any gameplay style.

Hello @rainyskysoul,

Hope you are doing great

I read your requirements and can assist you with it

Waiting for your response

Best Regards,

Maria J

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement