🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Asking for feedback on my first game prototype

Started by
3 comments, last by ddlox 3 years, 8 months ago

Hello!

I am looking for feedback on my very first game attempt, Toad Runner. The premise is essentially the arcade experience of Frogger with the unpredictable obstacles of a 3D infinite runner. I liked the idea so I built this prototype.

This is my first foray into game development and Unity, but not programming. I do want honest answers, but I feel compelled to mention it.

What I'm looking for:

• What do you think of the concept?
  • How does the character feel to hop around? Stiff? Slippery? I need to get this part perfect.
  • Does the progression of highway lanes feel fairly generated?
  • Are the vehicles spaced fairly, and are they too fast or slow?
  • Lastly is it fun?

Thank you!

Link to itch.io project: https://evilfrenchguy.itch.io/toad-runner-prototype

Link to Google Drive download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1echGvA5d4EpSXSJUzUSTs86jFWQ7qWW5/view?usp=sharing

Advertisement

a youtube video link would also be nice for those of us who don't really want to download a zip;

also why the odd “evilfrenchguy” nick, i'm not sure if this is helping u or the game, (honest critique, but i could be wrong) ?

until then ?

ddlox said:

a youtube video link would also be nice for those of us who don't really want to download a zip;

also why the odd “evilfrenchguy” nick, i'm not sure if this is helping u or the game, (honest critique, but i could be wrong) ?

until then ?

The Youtube link is a good idea. I will keep that in mind, thanks.

I never thought about the name; I've always used it. You think it would hurt my projects?

it will not affect the way u produce your projects, of course not, but it may have an impact on who wants to be affiliated with such a name… but like i said, i could be wrong;

i just wondered why u called yrself an evil french guy… i hope it's not for evil deeds, this world needs love ?

anyway, be well;

That's it … all the best ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement