🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How much do you make off of web games?

Started by
3 comments, last by doemel 3 years, 8 months ago

Question to my fellow HTML/Web game devs out there. How good is the market for html5 web games? I was thinking about writing in article on the revenue for HTML5 web game/widget development. Feel free to @ or e-mail me.

None

Advertisement

RamiMorrar said:
How good is the market for html5 web games?

My question is, what is the market strategy for web games? Is it ad supported or does one go the route of free lancing for companies that want a free-to-play game for their site? Or can one set up a site with web games and expect to charge for them?

I don't see how web games would be better then creating a regular executable. I've never looked into it but would be interested in hearing opinions into what a good strategy to profit from web games would be.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

How does one sell web games? Patreon?

RamiMorrar said:

How good is the market for html5 web games?

Where is it deployed? I think it can be very difficult to distinct a game made with web technology from one with native technologies. You can pack either into an executable. So what kind, and where?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement