🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[Hobby][2D/3D Art][Game Design][Programming] Game Veteran searching for Team

Started by
3 comments, last by HamsterOfDeath 3 years, 8 months ago

Hey there,

i am searching for team members (max. 5) to develop a game.

Some words about me:

I have 20 years of experience in the gaming industry as a Software Engineer. Currently i work as a Technical Director in a VR company. I worked on games like e.g. Aquanox (2001), FIFA09 (2009), The Cycle (2018), etc.

I want to start very small hobby project that is doable within max 1 year with a team of 5 in our spare time.

I was working on 11 shipped titles and 2 discontinued titles. So i do have some experience on how to start and finish a project successfully… as well as how to fail a project ? If you are not as experienced as i am, that is totally fine. You will be able to learn a lot here ?

Enough about me, now about you!

The optimal team would be:

• 2 Programmers
  • 2 Artists
  • 1 Game/Level Designer

So, if you are an Artist whith 3D modelling skills and/or 2D Art skills (The game will need some UI as well), then please drop me a message.

And if you are a Game Designer who knows how the Unreal Engine 4 works, to not only create Game Designs but also knows how to design Levels, then please message me.

And if you are a programmer who knows the Unreal Engine 4 and C++ (and if you would know some website programming that would be just awesome), then you are very welcome as well.

You should be:

1. Creative (We want to realize our ideas)
  2. Open to ideas (We want to realize OUR ideas)
  3. Easy going (We want to have fun and no quarreling)
  4. Friendly and polite (Because it is nice to be nice)
  5. Patient (Hobby projects do have slow progress... but we want to finish something after max 1 year)

Sound and Music is something that can be implemented later.

The subject and genre of the game is not decided yet and will be a collective effort. The reason why is: The project should be everybodies baby.

Requirements of the project:

• It should be something that is doable within maximum 1 year
  • That everybody agrees on
  • Considering the time frame and the team size, the first game should be a singleplayer game.
  • Unreal Engine 4
  • Platform is Windows PC

I will provide the infrastructure (Wiki, project management, Build pipeline, etc.), so the development can happen distributed, no matter where you live. As long as you have a working internet connection you can be a team member.

I do have some experience with hobbyist teams. So, this is very important:

I know that everybody has a private life and i don't want to take this away from you. Most of the time people think it is a cool idea to do something like this, but they seem to forget, that they need to spent a bigger amount of their spare time into it like with any other hobby. Please don't apply if you are not willing to spent some time on this, otherwise you waste the time of the ones who are willing to spend time.

So, if you were reading all this and you feel adressed, then please write me a message :)

Cheers

Hamster Of Death

Advertisement

I would be interested to join your journey. As a computer science guy with few years of coding experience I would fit best as a programmer/developer. Weekly time window: 8 to 12 hours.

Especially interested to develop a small project or just a demo to showcase my abilities and gather some experience during the development process with other skilled and motivated people.

Just dropped you my application via private message.

- Gregor

@undefined Hi There!

I meet none of the requirements above ?

But I Love to create game concepts, Mechanics, Storylines, Dialogue, Puzzles, “Conceptualize Levels“, etc…

I know it wasn’t something you had up there, as you want everyone in the group to be lending in a hand for the game ideas and so forth. But if your interested I’m available ?

~Ryan

Hey guys,

i am not searching anymore. But thanks to everyone who was interested in my small adventure.

Cheers

Hamster of Death

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement