🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for Des and Modelers

Started by
0 comments, last by Zephyrus 3 years, 9 months ago

So I've been jotting down this idea I have, and the problem is i have no idea how to code or model. I've tried several different things and tried to learn to code and model but never got the hang of it. I'll share the basic idea here, but over discord would be better. I'm in need of at least one developer or coder. Anyone who helps will split it between them and the other people that are working on it (excluding me, I just wanna see the game made real). Currently, as of the date of this posting, nobody has joined. I will edit the post at the footnote of it stating if people do or not.

The game is a fantasy-esque game, based on magic. I'd relate it a lot to a game known as Spellbreak (link will be at the bottom) mainly because of the combinations of magic and the elements. The game is not a Battle Royale game, not even multiplayer at all, because i want the game to be a peaceful one, and not some game where everything is hectic and players are toxic. The game has the following elements: Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Ice, Light, Dark, Sunlight, Moonlight, Eclipse (which is unlocked by using sunlight magic and moonlight magic at once), Amaterasu (reference to Fairy Tail), Necrotic, Storm, Lava, Lightning, Plasma, and Blood. (The reason for there being so many elements is because I enjoy variation. More than likely a lot of the elements will be cut.) Now for player basics... The player has 2 gauntlets on each arm, each with 3 slots. Finding runes, which are dropped by Monsters, Behemoths or even Bosses. Once the player has a rune, they press the inventory key and drag and drop a rune into one of those slots, which will be shown in the inventory. The slots will be shown as follows: The slot where you put your newly found rune is in the center. There are two other slots, which I will describe later. They are positioned diagonally above the center slot. Once you place a rune into a gauntlet, you can now left or right click (depending on which gauntlet you placed the rune in) to cast the spell. A full list of all the element's actions will be shared once i get confirmation. You may be asking, what about those two other slots on each gauntlet? Here is what they do. Gauntlets can each hold two "Artifacts" which are basically boosters, or accessories for your spells. Special Artifacts called "Cores" add special abilities to your spells when equipped, while others that aren't spell-based give you throwing daggers, a pair of swords, life regeneration, and even special pets! That is all I'll share here, add me on discord for more.

PS. Title is TBD.

The Discord Server

Spellbreak

PPS. TITLE HAS A TYPO. I NEED DEVS, NOT DES.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement