🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

We're Putting Together a Team....Designers needed

Started by
3 comments, last by Alvaromazuaga 3 years, 11 months ago

Alright Peeps,

My name is Jarrod, and I'm trying to put a game development team together. I work full time as a technical project manager in the software dev realm. I'm no game design professional and looking for a team to bring this project to life. My goal is to put together a very basic game to get some experience working with different skill sets and start to build a portfolio. I've never done this before so we'll be working through this together from building upon the concept, all the way through development.

The generic game idea is a town building game. Some form of mystic ancient ruins that you need to restore to its former glory by resource gathering. It would be semi open world, ideally cartoonish light hearted graphics. I'd like to build upon that concept with a team to come up with something that would be a fun game. Depending on the level of talent we get after we all meet virtually we can come up with the depth we want the game to go.

Preferably I'd like to recruit the roles below:

Programmer

3d artist

2d artist (UI and icons)

Animator

Game Designer

Writer

Sound Designer

If we wind up putting anything to market we will do some form of revshare based on how much work each person has done.

Questions or comment, please email me at mailto:jb664206@gmail.com​ or message me on discord @ JBegy#3267

Advertisement

I am willing to help you out with this project. I have added you on discord. My discord is Amaligom78#7545

Hi,

Could you elaborate a bit more about your concept please?

Specifically I'd like to know if your idea is more like mobile time-killing game or more like economy game for PC platform.

And what exactly you mean by “mystic ancient ruins that you need to restore to its former glory”, is it a game about ancient civilisations or is it places in modern times with some archeology sites?

Thanks for your time!

V

Hi there!

In case you need game localization into Spanish (or project management to get more languages) let me know. I would be glad to collaborate.

Have a good one,

Álvaro

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement