🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I'm looking for people

Started by
9 comments, last by fergberg5 4 years, 1 month ago

I'm looking for everything. I've been working on some concepts.

I have the ideas, I have a story but I need people. Artists, programmers, modelers, Musicians, Voice actors. All I have is one friend helping who doesn't even live in the same country. Hopefully I can find some hungry developers here before I'm forced to shift focus to an animated film.

I have 2 projects with in the same universe I'm working on.

1. A beat em up that I can best describe as Streets of Rage/Kunio Kun on Amphetamines.
  2. A game in a similar vein to the Yakuza series with some of the same characters from the beat em up.

I'm having a pretty bad day so I'm hoping posting here can change my luck.

Advertisement

Just one question. The first Yakuza game allegedly had budget of $21 million. Do you have plans for how to supply similar budget or to bypass the need for it?

I'm confidant we can do it on a pretty low budget. It's not exactly like a yakuza game. Simple 2500 games like yakuza exist.
the First game I want to do is the Beat em Up and that can probably be done for next to nothing.

The below reply was not to me. ?

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

Don't you think that recommending a commercial company is way too inappropriate for a hobby forum? It smells like you are working for that company and didn't get your customer rate done for this month …

Shaarigan said:
Don't you think that recommending a commercial company is way too inappropriate for a hobby forum?

Agreed

Shaarigan said:
It smells like you are working for that company and didn't get your customer rate done for this month …

They didn't mention a specific company, so if that's the case then they're not doing a very good job…

Once I saw they were based in India I didn't give them a second look.

A friend of mine suggested I look on Fiverr. At the very least I found a few artists there.

Shaarigan said:

Don't you think that recommending a commercial company is way too inappropriate for a hobby forum? It smells like you are working for that company and didn't get your customer rate done for this month …

The post under discussion has been removed.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hey @popetherevxxviii ! Bit late to reply since I'm still new here. I'm a programmer and a huge fan of the Kunio-kun/Double Dragon Series and a fan of Yakuza/Shenmue as well. I love Japanese games in general ?

What game engine are you planning to use? I'm currently studying Unity for my own hobby project (still not a pro but getting comfortable with it)

I'm really interested in the game and can probably contribute to the story/script as well if needed. If that sounds good then DM me!

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement