🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Wanted 3d terrain designer and programmer

Started by
4 comments, last by indiegameslab 4 years, 1 month ago

Hi,

I am always frustrated at the amount of effort that has gone in to a lot of mobile games these days that make them look really good but are just cash making bore fests with no real game play.

I am thinking of games like Idle Theme Park that has an incredible 3d world that you do nothing in but watch repetitive adverts in order to see what the talented creative designers have come up with next. Wouldn't it be great to have a game that actually allows you to interact with that 3d world?

I have ideas, but not the time (or talent) to learn how to make them come into reality. If you are a designer or coder that can do all the difficult things but need goals and objectives set for them in order to achieve them then get in touch with me.

No experience necessary, just talent and time to work on a project and to see where it leads.

Drop a reply here, or send me an email at rpforsey@hotmail.com with examples of your work.

Thanks
Rob

Advertisement

Unfortunately, most if not all of us have more ideas than time and skills to realize them ;-)

There's a great way to find skilled people who can build a game to your suggestions.

You pay them.

You can even find contracting houses that do this for a living!

Also, many studios will do “paid work” to pay the bills, perhaps half of the time, while using that income to finance the “real game” they want to work on. If you can find a team like that, you'll probably get a good deal.

That being said, to successfully design and produce a game, there's tons and tons of experience that's needed. Trying to produce a game without experience, is like trying to coordinate building a shopping mall without experience, or trying to produce a movie without experience, or trying to develop a high school physics curriculum without experience – you're very unlikely to succeed the first few times. (Although, if you keep going at it, you may develop that experience. If you pay your way to do it, though, that'll be expensive.)

enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

If its just the terrain modeling you are seeking, reach out to the E-On Vue and Vue Gallery community on Facebook. There are many terrain modelers there. We also custom model terrain, props and game ready figures at PoserWorld.com.

3DSkyDome.com animated sky boxes and instant 3d Android & WebGL publishing.

Hey,

If you are still looking for someone to help you, it may be worth asking some of the programmers in our discord server. They may be able to assist you.

We have a channel for looking for people of a certain role, could be of some use to you! Feel free to come and ask!

https://discord.com/invite/efa6j3a

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement