🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Star Command Andromeda Game Design and Development help

Started by
7 comments, last by Launcher111 4 years, 1 month ago

I want to create a game with some help with other game developers, that is Starcraft style RTS game and also have some master of Orion style theme. Basic mechanics/design; 1) Starbase upgradable to Death-star type command center 2) Miners\3) Shipyard for robot-troops/ missile robot troops/ fighters/destroyers 4) Advance Shipyard (battleships/dreadnoughts/Titans/ Mamoth level 10 (1 per species)5) Research starbase -6) Population caps are related to the planet , starbase+living quarters upgrades; explore and colonize planets for increase population 7) multiple species - federation-humans; Androids (cybernetics); Aliens8) defensive structures9) Top down camera view. I thinking this game will avoid any rushes, we thinking of having a starbase and capital ships to start the game. The map scale will be as large as total annihilation for good space base building.for campaign and/or multiplayer ode,we thinking, Heroes for each race can be assign to a capital ship for more power/ shields/ special.

Much appreciate for any suggestions of the game? Unity or Unreal development tool? Anyone interested to be part of it?

Advertisement

good question I would recommend you to use tools trueSky unreal since this way you will have more realism in volumetric clouds

To see this tool go to https://simul.co/ it is just a plugin with a 30-day trial so you can see if you like it it also contains realistic water :)

You saying Unreal Engine will be good to use for space map? Does volumetric clouds work for space nebula as well?

Legolasyiu said:
Anyone interested to be part of it?

Because recruiting is not permitted in the discussion forums, this thread has been moved to Hobby Project Classifieds. Please do not recruit in the discussion forums.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I removed recruiting part. I did not know that it is not permitted. Now I know.

Your post is now in the place where recruiting IS permitted. You can recruit here in Hobby Projects Classified.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@undefined yes of course it also has a day and night system and if you want to make sure that your planets have procedural clouds it is possible and easier

Star wars empire at war, xcom ufo defense fit roughly into this genre also. Are you making the species up? And equipment? Because making species, the design, the architecture and engineering the back story, i am very good with.

If you have a fun project in mind, with nontraditional and obscene characters, probably save time and message me.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement