🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

World Game Engine. Cross-platform API for audio and video games. Need your help and support!

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 4 years, 2 months ago

Hello.

My name is Constantine.

I ask for maximum support from you. Share this post with your friends developers. Help people learn about this post.

There is a problem in game development. A big problem. And there is still no solution to this problem!

We know about popular game engines. Unity, UE and others.

Imagine. For Unity, everyone should work with C#. For UE with C++.

How do you like this idea?

5 developers using different tools can work on one project!

Isn't that perfect?

I did some research. As a result, I found out that there is no cross-platform graphics or game API.

You can use some options for a specific programming language. For example, Monogame in C#.

My idea is to create a cross-platform API, in the form of a dynamic library. So that it can be used in compiled programming languages, in .NET, Java, Python.

I'm blind. Completely blind.

Among blind programmers, there are those who develop audio games.

What does it look like?

Imagine GTA, Mafia, Call Of Duty, any shooter. Only without graphics, and without sight height. And you are guided by 3D sound, shoot at the sound, etc.

Recently, a lot of those who write in Python. But personally, I'd not trust Python with a good online project...

To work with a computer, we use screen access programs. Programs that voice everything on the computer screen.

You can read more about it here:

https://www.vincit.com/blog/software-development-450-words-per-minute

https://medium.com/free-code-camp/looking-back-to-what-started-it-all-731ef5424aec

Why can't we use video game engines?

Because not all of them are access to us. The most popular, Unity and Unreal Engine, are not available for our programs.

I can develop audio games. No problem. C# is my favorite programming language, Monogame exists in C#.

But I have sighted friends. And I'd like to be able to create not only audio games, but also video games.

And yes, I think this is a cool idea, not only for blind developers, but for all game developers!

How do I see the result?

A dynamic library that can be connected to any compiled language, the wrapper of which will be in .NET, Java and Python, with which you can develop cross-platform games!

It's not necessary to create it from scratch. We can use ready-made code, high-level libraries and APIs. The main thing is to get the result!

Well, if someone can help create this from scratch, I'd not mind.

Please note that I'm not interested in the game engine anymore, but the API. That is, only the developer who develops the game directly develops game logic. The task of the library is to give the developer the ability to program graphics, audio, and network cross-platform and without a low level.

So far, I decided to call it the "World Game Engine". Because every game is a world! really

I think the surest way to create an Open source project. So that everyone can participate in this.

What am I asking you about?

The fact is that I'm not a professional developer. I know Python and C# more than other programming languages, but I'm ready to learn C++ for this project. I know how it should look.

I'm looking for caring developers who can help get started.

I have never done open source projects, so I ask for help!

The project in C++, I think you will agree that this is reasonable.

I tried to start on my own. It was a brain explosion! Using ready-made code, I could not compile the DLL library.

Let's do it together!

I'll be waiting for your answers.

Thanks in advance!Hello.

My name is Constantine.

I ask for maximum support from you. Share this post with your friends developers. Help people learn about this post.

There is a problem in game development. A big problem. And there is still no solution to this problem!

We know about popular game engines. Unity, UE and others.

Imagine. For Unity, everyone should work with C#. For UE with C++.

How do you like this idea?

5 developers using different tools can work on one project!

Isn't that perfect?

I did some research. As a result, I found out that there is no cross-platform graphics or game API.

You can use some options for a specific programming language. For example, Monogame in C#.

My idea is to create a cross-platform API, in the form of a dynamic library. So that it can be used in compiled programming languages, in .NET, Java, Python.

I'm blind. Completely blind.

Among blind programmers, there are those who develop audio games.

What does it look like?

Imagine GTA, Mafia, Call Of Duty, any shooter. Only without graphics, and without sight height. And you are guided by 3D sound, shoot at the sound, etc.

Recently, a lot of those who write in Python. But personally, I'd not trust Python with a good online project...

To work with a computer, we use screen access programs. Programs that voice everything on the computer screen.

You can read more about it here:

https://www.vincit.com/blog/software-development-450-words-per-minute

https://medium.com/free-code-camp/looking-back-to-what-started-it-all-731ef5424aec

Why can't we use video game engines?

Because not all of them are access to us. The most popular, Unity and Unreal Engine, are not available for our programs.

I can develop audio games. No problem. C# is my favorite programming language, Monogame exists in C#.

But I have sighted friends. And I'd like to be able to create not only audio games, but also video games.

And yes, I think this is a cool idea, not only for blind developers, but for all game developers!

How do I see the result?

A dynamic library that can be connected to any compiled language, the wrapper of which will be in .NET, Java and Python, with which you can develop cross-platform games!

It's not necessary to create it from scratch. We can use ready-made code, high-level libraries and APIs. The main thing is to get the result!

Well, if someone can help create this from scratch, I'd not mind.

Please note that I'm not interested in the game engine anymore, but the API. That is, only the developer who develops the game directly develops game logic. The task of the library is to give the developer the ability to program graphics, audio, and network cross-platform and without a low level.

So far, I decided to call it the "World Game Engine". Because every game is a world! really

I think the surest way to create an Open source project. So that everyone can participate in this.

What am I asking you about?

The fact is that I'm not a professional developer. I know Python and C# more than other programming languages, but I'm ready to learn C++ for this project. I know how it should look.

I'm looking for caring developers who can help get started.

I have never done open source projects, so I ask for help!

The project in C++, I think you will agree that this is reasonable.

I tried to start on my own. It was a brain explosion! Using ready-made code, I could not compile the DLL library.

Let's do it together!

I'll be waiting for your answers.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

Jonikster said:
The fact is that I'm not a professional developer. … I'm looking for caring developers who can help get started. I have never done open source projects, so I ask for help! … Let's do it together!

This topic has been moved to Hobby Projects Classified. Team-building / recruiting is not permitted in the discussion forums. Good luck with your project!

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement