🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Recruiting a variety of roles for a Python-based MUD

Started by
4 comments, last by durk 4 years, 7 months ago

Raikonrealm is a newborn fantasy MUD project powered by the Evennia MU* framework. We're currently a team of two newbie coders and we've barely done any work on the game, so now's the perfect time to jump in and get acquainted with the project. We're looking for anybody from people who simply wish to write content for others to implement into the game, to people who actually implement content using in-game creation tools, to people who are interested in contributing code in Python or perhaps contributing to the in development website.

This is a perfect project for beginner coders to sign on with and begin learning how to work in a team environment. The minimum requirement for all roles is access to Discord as the team uses this as our primary mode of communication. All candidates will be invited to the Discord server, where they may communicate with the team and share links to their "audition" material. Writers will submit room descriptions and lore concepts, world builders will do the same, coders will be asked to install a local version of Evennia and write some sample code to be submitted. We're not really looking for amazing, top quality code, we just want to confirm that you understand the basic building blocks of Python and can put together some basic code.

Thanks for looking.

Advertisement

I'd possibly be interested in giving this project a shot. I don't have tonnes of experience with Python, but when I first started programming I made a few small programs (some helpers for work and a CYOA game) using Python. Mostly I've used C# (Unity), Nim and some C. I also have a (very!) small amount of experience setting up websites and using php.

I also have worked with small teams on Unity projects and with version control software (GIT).

Do you have a pretty strong vision for the game worked out (design docs etc.) or are you looking to develop the ideas as you go? What kind of time commitment are you looking for?

No commitment. I've actually made the repo public. Contribute as you please and the team will review it before pushing it to the master branch, although it'd be handy if you could join the Discord. We're most certainly developing ideas as we go

Ok, I'm happy to help out. I can play around with Evennia a bit over the next week or so. Let me know what the discord is and we can go from there.

Check your PMs

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement