🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for some help and solid advice on Player Controllers in C++ Unreal

Started by
2 comments, last by Harry Loretz 4 years, 7 months ago

Hello everyone, I really appreciate all the help i can get. I am starting to become quite well developed as a C++ programmer within the unreal engine, i am still learning though. I am looking to find some example code, and some information on how player controllers should be written in C++ within the Unreal engine with the current version of 4.23.1 too. I understand that player controllers can control inputs for a character or pawn, but i don't understand how to set this up. My real question is what Code is needed for the most bare basic C++ Player controller that functions for a character? Please help.

Thankyou for reading.

Advertisement

For all things related to "How can I do X in UE4 C++ the right way?" the answer is:

• If it's a gameplay thing, try looking at the example project "ShooterGame" (you can download it from the launcher under Unreal Engine -> Learn)
  • If it's an engine functionality, try looking at the source code. I am partial to the Visual Studio extension "FastFind" to parse the whole code base quickly, but you need to buy a license.

In your case, I'd definitely recommend looking at how ShooterGame does it :)

5 hours ago, Altrue said:

For all things related to "How can I do X in UE4 C++ the right way?" the answer is:

• If it's a gameplay thing, try looking at the example project "ShooterGame" (you can download it from the launcher under Unreal Engine -> Learn)
  • If it's an engine functionality, try looking at the source code. I am partial to the Visual Studio extension "FastFind" to parse the whole code base quickly, but you need to buy a license.

In your case, I'd definitely recommend looking at how ShooterGame does it :)

Thanks mate i will check this out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement