🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Just another space shooter

Started by
10 comments, last by Davicus 4 years, 8 months ago

So about a year ago I started this project. Been working on it from time to time. I just wanted to know what you guys think about it.
Still some things missing like proper audio and the fact the game has no real purpose, it's just a sandbox.

Work's best on PC/chrome.  (does not work at all on mobile/touch devices)

If you wan't to try it out:  THE GAME

dorito_screen.jpg

Advertisement

Am I in the wrong forum for this kind of subject or is it just a crappy game?

Any feedback, good or bad, would be apreciated.

3 hours ago, Klimtachakka said:

Am I in the wrong forum for this kind of subject ...

Unfortunately yes...I believe in the discussion forums a question must be asked to be valid so here we are.

I clicked though :) because I liked the colors you present in this thread. Alas, the link yielded blackness for 60 seconds on Chrome desktop. 

This is probably the wrong forum - if so, maybe a mod will move it.

I followed the link. It's running very slowly for me - too slowly to evaluate it easily. I'm using a fairly old computer right now though, so others might get better results. I tried reducing the window size to improve performance (and then reloaded the page), but the layout didn't seem to adapt to the window size.

Again, my computer is slow, but I suppose it's possible that performance issues could be making it difficult for others to evaluate it as well. (Or it might just be me.)

On 9/21/2019 at 4:44 PM, GoliathForge said:

Unfortunately yes...I believe in the discussion forums a question must be asked to be valid so here we are.

I clicked though :) because I liked the colors you present in this thread. Alas, the link yielded blackness for 60 seconds on Chrome desktop. 

If you could take your time and hit F12 and screenshot the information in the console I would be forever grateful.

On 9/21/2019 at 4:52 PM, Zakwayda said:

This is probably the wrong forum - if so, maybe a mod will move it.

I followed the link. It's running very slowly for me - too slowly to evaluate it easily. I'm using a fairly old computer right now though, so others might get better results. I tried reducing the window size to improve performance (and then reloaded the page), but the layout didn't seem to adapt to the window size.

Again, my computer is slow, but I suppose it's possible that performance issues could be making it difficult for others to evaluate it as well. (Or it might just be me.)

Yes it is kind of CPU intensive...  I will try to record a video of it and post a link to that. Thank you for trying.  There are some things you could turn off in  options/gfx (set everything to off, it will not look as good but it should run better on a slower system) 

errlog.jpg.ddda3af31120bc44e1faec06b99dedcf.jpg

NVidia GeForce 260M

4 minutes ago, GoliathForge said:

errlog.jpg.ddda3af31120bc44e1faec06b99dedcf.jpg

NVidia GeForce 260M

Thankyou!
Is that a very old GPU ?
Because It looks like that GPU is to old to support webGL2 with 300es shaders which I am using.   It supports none power of 2 textures among other things...

Here is a small video of gameplay  

I tried it with (presumably) optimal graphics settings, but unfortunately my computer probably just isn't up to the task. So, I can't really test it effectively, but I did watch the video. I have a sense of how much was involved in that, especially some of the (presumably) procedural effects like the tentacle animations and the dynamic light/shadow/occlusion effects. It's impressive - nice work.

On 9/22/2019 at 11:40 PM, Zakwayda said:

I tried it with (presumably) optimal graphics settings, but unfortunately my computer probably just isn't up to the task. So, I can't really test it effectively, but I did watch the video. I have a sense of how much was involved in that, especially some of the (presumably) procedural effects like the tentacle animations and the dynamic light/shadow/occlusion effects. It's impressive - nice work.

Thankyou for trying and thanks for the feedback !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement