🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Visual C++: A few queries

Started by
3 comments, last by blue_harvester 22 years, 6 months ago
First of all can I install MS Visual C++ Enterprise in Windows 2000 Professional? And second, will a copy of the DirectX SDK be included with this installation? Thanks
Advertisement
Cant see why it wouldnt install

And no, you''ll have to download the DirectX sdk yourself (most likely anyway).

-----------------------
0wn 0wn 0wn your goat
gently down the pw33n
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
Yes you can install it on win2k.

As for DirectX...Visual C++ 6.0 comes with the DirectX 5.0 sdk installed. If you want to use the newer DirectX 8; You''ll need to download the latest SDK from microsoft.com.
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.
I''d highly recommend the Professional version of VC6 since most stuff that comes with the Enterprise Edition simply isn''t needed at all for game or general multimedia developement and is simply a waste of both money and disk space.
quote: Original post by darookie
...most stuff that comes with the Enterprise Edition simply isn''t needed at all for game or general multimedia developement and is simply a waste of both money and disk space.

...Unless you''re an enterprise developer.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement