🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

FPS Maker: an FPS game engine

Started by
2 comments, last by Curven 4 years, 10 months ago

Hi everyone,
I'm working since 3 months on FPS Maker on my free time, using Irrlicht for the rendering and openAL for the audio.

FPS Maker is an FPS game engine with no coding knowledge requirements designed for absolute newbies in game development. Architecturaly, it looks like a game with its own map editing tool, 
in which you can import your own assets.

The idea is to "paint" map on a grid for the rooms (walls, floors) and placing elements over it and voila, just click play button and you can play your current level in a new window.
Once all the maps are finished, user can build a standalone game in a few clicks and redistribute it to anyone.

Currently, only Windows is supported, both for the editor and the engine, but I plan to extend the support for other platforms at least for the engine part (the game itself).
For the interested, you will find a link to download a demo game at the end of the topic.

This is a quick preview of what FPS Maker looks like now:

Editor video: https://youtu.be/Q_Hh5QGKQ3k

Game video: https://youtu.be/VU3n8hbP-Eg

Editor01.PNG

Editor02.PNG

Game01.png

Game02.png

Game03.png%5B

Game04.png

Game05.png

Game06.png

Download game demo 01 (Windows x64)

Thanks a lot for any feedback, if anybody find the project interesting I can post updates on the development :D 

Advertisement

The editor preview video has been removed, there was a black screen in it, my bad.

The new one: 

And the video of the demo that doesn't want to show on the first post (can't edit the first post, don't know why).

A new game demo has been released, it's a horror game with the latest features.

Download game demo 02 (windows x64)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement