Advertisement

Looking for Developers and Designers for 16 Bit Pixel Game

Started by July 23, 2019 06:30 PM
10 comments, last by eamonkane 5 years, 1 month ago

Hi,

My name is Spencer Goold Executive Director of The AGIF, a startup nonprofit with the mission of advancing the missions of other nonprofits (aka NGOs: Non-Governmental Organizations) worldwide and to connect changemakers for a better world. We're developing a mobile game app to help raise awareness on global issues and to create more funding opportunities for smaller nonprofits around the world. This will be a 16-bit strategy-based, city building game in the artistic style of the SNES title, “Zelda: A Link to the Past” or the SNES “Final Fantasy” series. 

You play as a customizable avatar from an alien, yet familiar world, where your community is deeply impoverished. Your character receives an educational scholarship and, upon completing their education and making valuable connections, decides to return home and apply their knowledge to help their community thrive. 

You’ll begin with building a small education center where you can offer further education to the local youth. From there, they can begin contributing in new ways to the economy. As your resources grow, you can build new facilities such as sanitation, water, and medical structures. Once your population begins to stabilize and grow, you can upgrade your facilities to accommodate a larger populous. 

As the gameplay progresses, you’ll begin to deal with new issues such as the spread of disease, famine, and natural disasters, to name a few. Once this begins, you’ll need to reach out to your friends who are also playing for resources and volunteers to help tackle the issues together. 

The hope is that we can do this in a way that will educate players on some of the more prevalent issues that we face in the world while inspiring the spirit of giving and volunteerism. The game will be free-to-play with in-app purchases, where the money will go to charity to help people in real life.  

I am now seeking programmers and designers for my new team who can help me develop a 10 – 15 minute gameplay demo with one complete level. So far, we have a fully fleshed-out game doc with concept art. As for compensation,  I would love to discuss the possible ways that we could make the project worthy of your time, talent and effort. 

If you're interested, please comment to this post below or send me a PM. Thanks, everyone, for taking the time to read through this.                

With gratitude. 

hi mr Spencer ,

i read your topic and i interested to your topic. i'm a developer from Tunisia in unity for 2 years . 

if there is a way to help you  we can discuss on mail or discord (xttrzax@gmail.com)

Advertisement

Hi aa d,

Awesome! I'll look you up on discord and send you a message there so we can talk!

Spencer

how i can find you on discord and my name is Abdallah XD

Okay, nice to meet you, Abdallah! I have to create an account there really quick, but I'll let you know as soon as it's up. I usually use GroupMe or Slack.

good . nice to meet you too thx 

Advertisement

How large is the scope of this project? Is the GDD public?

If you need a programmer for this 2D game I work in C++ and SFML for such projects and may be able to assist.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Hi Rutin,

That would be great! We haven't made the GDD public, but I'd love to talk to you about the project and answer any questions you might have. 

Do you have a preference for communicating? We could chat on Discord if that works?

Spencer

19 minutes ago, SpencerG said:

Hi Rutin,

That would be great! We haven't made the GDD public, but I'd love to talk to you about the project and answer any questions you might have. 

Do you have a preference for communicating? We could chat on Discord if that works?

Spencer

Send me a PM on GameDev with your discord and I'll add you.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Hey there Spencer,

My name is Nuno and I am a sound designer. This project sounds really cool and it also sounds like it could be really educational if it went to the masses.

I would love to be a part of this project if you have room on your team for a sound designer. 

If you are interested, please feel free to send me a PM, and I can send you my demo reel.

Thanks!

Nuno

Nuno Machado

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement