Advertisement

Newbie UE4 Blueprint Designer / 3D Animator looking for cooperation / mentoring (London/Guildford UK).

Started by June 28, 2019 03:59 PM
0 comments, last by Tigr 5 years, 2 months ago

Hey guys, I've started my adventure with game dev about a year ago and even though it obviously hasn’t been long I think I've run out of energy for doing things entirely on my own.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not lazy and I don’t need to be lead by the hand. I can see that solo is a preferred style for a lot of people in Indie dev and I thought I'd be the same but by now I am 100% positive that doing fun stuff alone is just not my thing.

It’s kind of like playing in a band (even when you write the songs) vs producing music entirely on your own. I’ve never been able to do the latter for extended periods of time.

It would be truly amazing to connect with other gamedev people but I know very well how difficult that is when you’re not in academic or professional environment (and don’t have money/empty promises to offer).

Basically I’m looking for positive creatures that may or may not represent some of the archetypes below:

- A confused soul that would love to get into game dev but just can’t seem to come up with an idea / needs a bit of direction. Programmer/ BP programmer/ 3d artist/ vfx artist / animator/ sound designer / composer. Any skillset really. Whatever you create belongs to you and in the future we share the glory and coin that might never come. Glory!

- Someone more pro that lust loves to be a smartass in his/her free time and everyone’s tired of it. Please be a smartass to my face. I have no idea how a proper applied structure of game design looks like and it’s driving me crazy as I’ll have to start my game from scratch again. I can teach you how to play bass guitar or do backflips in return.

- Someone with his/her own ideas looking for other ppl to connect with = someone exactly like me.

- Last but not least maybe an actual game dev studio looking for “intern” but on a fairly loose-schedule basis? (as i still need to keep freelancing in my current job to pay the rent sadly).

My current project:

I’m trying to keep the scale as low as possible. Think something that 2 people could actually pull off in reasonable time. Currently I’m making a prototype of a 3d melee fighting game with dark souls-inspired mechanics and customizable move sets. If that shows potential we could go from there. If it turns out crap I’m sure we’ll figure out something else.

What I can do:

I haven’t touched C++ yet as I’m slightly allergic to raw coding but that might change very soon. Currently doing things entirely in Blueprints which I love with passion. Moving those colorful blocks around genuinely makes me happy, don’t judge me.

I’ve done some animating in Maya and Akeytsu and I’ll definitely be looking to explore this direction more, it’s great fun.

Oh, and I’m a sound engineer to pay my bills and a musician on the side so I’m hoping the audio department is not doomed.

I guess it’s also worth noting that I’m 100% not into “let’s start a kickstarter and do another mobile clone” if you catch my drift. If you’re into this solely because the idea of getting a piece of the multi-billion dollar pie gives you a hard on - we won’t get along. 

If you’d like to make cool stuff with someone else though - let’s show ’em!

Based in South West London UK - that’s because I really like face to face interactions. Remote is also totally cool though. It’s 2019 after all

If you managed to keep reading until now - thanks for your time, you’re a beast!

Give me a shout if you want to get in touch!

Jarek

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement