🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Becoming Music Composer for Games

Started by
2 comments, last by unclehando 4 years, 12 months ago

Hi, I've been interested in game-dev for a long time. but then realized music is my main passion. I've written and produced music for a while and just wondering what it takes to become a composer for video games. My music style is like a mix of rock and electronic, similar to mega-man games and stuff like that. Although i love creating music, a career in the music industry is not something i would like. I rather create music with certain feelings and concepts, that serve a purpose. Tho right now, realistically, computer programing is my Major and what i believe is the better career choice. However, just wondering if anyone has experience making music for games, and any advice. 

Although, I'm sure its as simple as "Study music and start your career in music first" but I'm self taught, and not classically trained. is there any place in these forums to collaborate with others, who are looking for composers for their games? or just to share some stuff i made? thanks in advance

Advertisement
18 minutes ago, unclehando said:

Although, I'm sure its as simple as "Study music and start your career in music first" but I'm self taught, and not classically trained.

Yes. And networking.

18 minutes ago, unclehando said:

is there any place in these forums to collaborate with others, who are looking for composers for their games? or just to share some stuff i made?

Yes. Hobby Project Classifieds (see Careers tab atop this page).

19 minutes ago, unclehando said:

or just to share some stuff i made?

Yes. The Music and Sound FX forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

cool, thanks for the reply?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement