🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

looking for someone with sports game design experience to look over my game

Started by
1 comment, last by Brad Utterstrom 4 years, 12 months ago

I'm working on a hockey fight simulator, text based. Players are rated in categories that pertain to fighting, aggression, defense, punching power, balance, etc. Pick two fighters and the game will simulate a fight with play by play, give full details of the result of the fight (who won, how many punches landed, any damage like blood or knockdowns, how long did it last, etc.)

At this point, what I have is a bunch of ideas written down, and a programmer to work with who's started a bit (mostly with the GUI). I'm having a hard time ironing out the basic formula for the actual fight engine...how to determine how many punches a guy throws, whether they land, etc. I've got a lot of ideas but at this point it needs some work, and I feel like what I really need is someone with experience in this area (obviously not a hockey fighting game, but a sports game or fighting game of any type), fresh eyes to look at it and see if they've got any ideas how I can tie it all together.

If you're willing to take a look, let me know and I'll send you my notes. Thanks for looking!

Advertisement

would it be helpful if I posted it directly in here? It's fairly long, but I'm not particularly concerned with anyone stealing my ideas and getting rich off a hockey fighting text game, haha.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement