🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Need feedback for GDD

Started by
6 comments, last by Pepsidog 5 years, 1 month ago

I need feedback for my game idea.  It’s a space survival game.  I need alien species, biomes, and general planet details.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18tuKyvcFjdO413d6l0LLLjUKEdTaIpf9ntNGw1yokI4

I am an indie game developer who enjoys pixel art games.

Advertisement

Your document can't be opened without signing in and requesting permission. Many people won't bother doing that.

I'm confused. Need feedback for GDC? Or need feedback for your game idea? What is it you're really trying to accomplish with this post? Post your idea here (not somewhere else), if you want idea feedback. Assuming you're mostly asking for design help, I'm moving this to Game Design.

Just realized. Maybe you meant GDD, not GDC?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I fixed the issue.  And I do mean GDD instead of GDC.

1 minute ago, Pepsidog said:

And I do mean GDD instead of GDC

Subject line is fixed now

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Read through your doc. It has all the makings for your standard survival game. So you just need ideas for alien species, biomes, and planet details?

How about a kangaroo-like alien with crab claws and an anteater mouth.

A plant that looks like a venus fly trap but it has tentacles instead of leaves and it sprays sticky green goop.

A planet where the grass is blue and the tree leaves have freckles on them.

-----

If you need further ideas I'll be happy to use my random idea generator to create some for you.

Mend and Defend

Those are pretty great ideas!  I don't think I'll add the venus flytrap.  The creatures also need background, such as weight, size, diet, and tamability.  Also, thanks for contributing!  Want to add an easter egg?  They also have to make scientific sense.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement