🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sqlite data base taking too much size from Unity side

Started by
4 comments, last by Gautti 5 years, 2 months ago

I have integrated the sqlite data base in slot game which is build in Unity platform for windows. It is increasing drastically although it has only text data., it is showing size about 1.5 GB which is very annoying  and which will affect to my game's performance. so how can I reduce size of Sqlite database ?

Advertisement

"only text data" isn't really a helpful description and text is not magically smaller than binary data, infact it can often be larger. What are you storing in your database? How do you need to query it? Can you delete some unneeded data?

Hi SyncViews, Thanks for your answer, I just wanted to say is when we compare to large database and my database, It is vary rather than from each other and let me tell you that there are 40,000 entries in it and its taking 1.5 GB size.

You still need to provide more information. And "1.5" GB is nothing for many large databases, they can be terabytes or more, all depends on purpose. 1.5GB with a single table and 40,000 rows is only about 40KB per row on average, which while maybe bigger than the average row, can really be many things.

• What exactly is the schema for each table (the SQL `CREATE TABLE ... ` to make them) 
  • Provide an example of data for each table, at least 1 row
  • Explain how that data is being used

17 hours ago, SyncViews said:

s nothing for many large databases

Hi SyncViews, Actually I have done with it. My data was too long in error log. When I used vaccum, I found the bug and shorted out.

Thanks you !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement