🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Cross Site Trading and Achievements with Collectry.com

Started by
0 comments, last by NElizabeth 5 years, 4 months ago

Hello everyone!  

My name is Nicole and I am a software developer and artist whose main interest lies in browser based games and websites.  I recently released my first game and I am looking for feedback, play testers, and possibly some other game developers who might be interested in taking advantage of some of the program's unique features - such as cross-site trading, achievement tracking, events, and more!

BASIC INFORMATION:

Collectry.com is a game about collecting items.  Items are assigned a rarity and grouped into series, similar to baseball cards.  Users can purchase a random item from a series, and the result is determined by luck and "karma" (users get a luck boost when they gift items to other users).  The goal of this casual game is collect anything and everything that piques your interest, hopefully discovering new games, artists, and products in the process!  Selling a completed series results in more tickets than would be earned by selling all the items individually, and may unlock other items or special features in the future.

Users can even upload their own series! 
(Items should be PNG images with transparent backgrounds - I am aware that other file types will result in errors - need to fix this)

Feel free to register an account and poke around the site.  You will need to pardon the appearance - I was focusing on core functionality, not page design.

FOR 3rd PARTY GAMES AND PRODUCTS:

In itself, the game is not really something that you could binge play for hours.  The real excitement stems from the fact that Collectry is an OAuth2 resource and authentication server and can interact with 3rd party websites, games, and organizations. 

3rd parties will be able to let users link their Collectry accounts to their game, then use the API to check the player's items - upon which they can award special in-game items for completing the entire series or obtaining a particular item.  Games also have the ability to "send" items to Collectry, allowing users to earn event items, keep track of achievements, or as a mechanism for cross-site trading.

The game is still being developed and can be tailored to other use-cases if needed!

I appreciate you taking the time to check out Collectry.com and look forward to answering any questions you might have! 
Any and all feedback is appreciated!

If you are interested in taking advantage of the OAuth2 functionality, please comment here or send a message to alpha@collectry.com.

Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement