🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New Update To 3NDL3ZZ: Base Defense.

Started by
11 comments, last by TheCyberFlash 5 years, 7 months ago
12 minutes ago, CyberFlash said:

This! I am going to check how to do this. Sorry! I didn't realize this side of things :/

It is pretty common to just roll with .zip files during development too, it just makes it easier/faster to get it out for testing.  So, I wouldn't really worry too much about the installer bits if you are putting out a "testmeonly" type build.  But if it's the same build you want to distribute to everybody everywhere, I would personally go with the full version-aware installer method.

It makes bug-fix builds much easier to swallow for end users.

Or, make everybody happy, and do both!  :D

Advertisement
1 hour ago, lawnjelly said:

put the installer version on gamejolt and just a zip file on gamedev

I think I'll do this now I know what I'm doing ? But first I need to figure out the version control thing.. Currently gamejolt has the zip version now, Once I figure it out properly I'll have Zip stuff on the project section of here, and also the installer and zip stuff on Gamejolt or just installer on gamejolt, I'll figure that detail out too.

34 minutes ago, Septopus said:

make everybody happy, and do both

This would be the best solution I think :D

Check out my game '3NDL3ZZ: Base Defense' A simple militant styled, tower defense game.

GameDev.Net Project Page

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement