Refactoring help-plugin for visual studio? (c++)

Started by
3 comments, last by suliman 5 years, 10 months ago

I got used to having whole tomato's "visual assist X" when coding for work. It helps alot for creating functions, change function signatures, renaming variables etc.

However it's really expensive. Any similar plugin/tool that is free to use? (using visual studio c++ 2017)

Advertisement

As far as I know there is only Visual Assist X and ReSharper C++, but both are similar in price - about 100 / year.

C++ is hard to parse correctly so no free tools are available.

Are you planning to make any money from the software you're developing? 

If no, then you can get the academic edition for only $50

If yes, then $100 for the personal edition is a worthwhile investment in something that will make you money.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

No plan to sell comercially. Still some money to fork out for a plugin... (out of curiousity, would volontary donations be ok for an otherwise free games with such a licence? Or does that make it a commercial game then? No price to buy the game, no ingame transations.)

It's strange they dont have this functionality built in. Visual studio is the largest IDE (as far as I know) and these things are pretty much needed to work efficiently. They had 4 years of development between ver 2013 and 2017... Disappointed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement