🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game Design Course - For Everyone! 40% OFF

Started by
2 comments, last by Nafei 5 years, 10 months ago

Hello everyone!

I've recently finished creating my course on Game Design. Here you can learn how to design a game from scratch and finish up with great looking game assets. Below is a link to a coupon, where you get the course for 40% lower than the normal €50 price. Go for it, there are only a couple of them :-)

https://www.udemy.com/game-design-master-course/?couponCode=GAMEDEVPREMIUM

Advertisement

One small critique to the name: the content of the course doesn't seem to match what the industry understands as "Game Design". Your course focuses on tools (Maya, Photoshop) and developing a game, not teaching game design principles, such as creating rules, balancing, game design documents, scope and a bit of project management (which was what I tought when I read the course name). A more fitting name would be something like of  "Game Development Course", I think.

I understand that design and development can be used interchangeably in many contexts, so don't take what I said as a rule.

6 minutes ago, TerraSkilll said:

One small critique to the name: the content of the course doesn't seem to match what the industry understands as "Game Design". Your course focuses on tools (Maya, Photoshop) and developing a game, not teaching game design principles, such as creating rules, balancing, game design documents, scope and a bit of project management (which was what I tought when I read the course name). A more fitting name would be something like of  "Game Development Course", I think.

I understand that design and development can be used interchangeably in many contexts, so don't take what I said as a rule.

You're right and I've thought about it too. I was thinking of calling it Game Development, but I was afraid that people would interpret is as programming instead of art creation. And yes, Game Design can also mean creating rules and describing mechanics on a piece of paper ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement