🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The Last “How To Write A Game Dev Press Release” Post You’ll Ever Need

Started by
2 comments, last by jbadams 5 years, 11 months ago

There are a lot of blog posts online teaching indie developers “how to write proper press releases for their new games,” and they all provide different (and sometimes conflicting) information. It’s confusing.

So, for the past week, I’ve spent my afternoons taking notes on all the useful information within each one, reaching out to established game developers to get their advice on how to write killer game press releases, and talking with PR pros in both game development and outside marketing environments to gather the absolute best information possible on the subject.

This post combines all my findings.

I hope you enjoy it! As always, if you have any questions about this stuff or any of the other things I've written about here, feel free to message me and I'll be happy to help. 

https://medium.com/powerspike/the-last-how-to-write-a-game-dev-press-release-post-youll-ever-need-796aab9d7848

Advertisement

Thanks!

Hi Aaron, great post!

One thing I thought was missing was adding an enbargo date if necessary - you cover tagging a release as "for immediate release", but that isn't always desirable. :)

Would you be interested in co-publishing here as a front-page article? It would of course be fully attributed and contain a link to the original, and should get some wider reach via our social channels and front page viewership. :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement