Advertisement

3D template with touch inputs

Started by July 16, 2018 01:32 PM
2 comments, last by davejones 6 years, 1 month ago

I was wondering if there is a 3D game template with certain touch inputs. The touch inputs I want for the 3D game would be to pinch to zoom and panning and pinch to zoom and rotate. So in a nutshell the 2 desired touch inputs would be;
- Pinch to zoom (2 fingers ideally) and pan (1 finger) 
- Pinch to zoom (2 fingers ideally) and rotate (1 finger).

So I am in a 3D scene and I have a 3D cube in the scene. I want to be able to pinch to zoom and pan around the cube with one finger or pinch to zoom and rotate around the cube with one finger. 

Toggle between pinch to zoom (2 fingers) rotate (1 finger) or pinch to zoom (2 fingers) pan (1 finger).

I have used a few plugins but I am struggling to get the desired functionality. .

It isn't clear what engine you are using.

For Unity you can find mobile game examples in the asset store. There is also a lot of tutorials on it.

For Unreal, all the templates "First person" "Top Down" etc, have the code for touch screen already inside. You can just build them to mobile and you will see them working perfectly.

21 minutes ago, davejones said:

I have used a few plugins but I am struggling to get the desired functionality. .

Looking at your questions, the things your asking about is already built into Unreal and Unity. You need to learn how to use it, you don't need plugins.

Advertisement
24 minutes ago, Scouting Ninja said:

It isn't clear what engine you are using.

For Unity you can find mobile game examples in the asset store. There is also a lot of tutorials on it.

For Unreal, all the templates "First person" "Top Down" etc, have the code for touch screen already inside. You can just build them to mobile and you will see them working perfectly.

Looking at your questions, the things your asking about is already built into Unreal and Unity. You need to learn how to use it, you don't need plugins.

I apologise for not making it clear as to what engine I am using. I am using unity. I will look into mobile game examples in the asset store. 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement