Advertisement

Beginner Video Tutorial Series - How to make games with Pico-8

Started by July 13, 2018 09:46 PM
6 comments, last by Krystman 6 years, 1 month ago

I recently finished a very comprehensive series on how to make games with Pico-8. I walk through the entire process of developing a polished Breakout/Arkanoid clone from start to finish. I assume absolutely ZERO programming experience. Let me know what you think!

78 parts?  Wow, no one can accuse you of half-assing this.  I'm definitely bookmarking this should I ever get interested in Pico-8.

Advertisement

Crazy thing is that the game is playable on episode 11. I turns out it's true - Game Development is all about polish.

On 7/14/2018 at 5:46 AM, Krystman said:

I recently finished a very comprehensive series on how to make games with Pico-8. I walk through the entire process of developing a polished Breakout/Arkanoid clone from start to finish. I assume absolutely ZERO programming experience. Let me know what you think!

Woah to be honest this tutorial is really helpful for beginners like me. Never thought that this video is so good. Really like and appreciate the effort you put in here! Hopefully you will make more videos in the future! Keep up the great work and looking forward to see your next tutorial video!

10 hours ago, poisonknight said:

Woah to be honest this tutorial is really helpful for beginners like me. Never thought that this video is so good. Really like and appreciate the effort you put in here! Hopefully you will make more videos in the future! Keep up the great work and looking forward to see your next tutorial video!

Glad it helps! Feel free to post any questions that may come up.

6 minutes ago, Krystman said:

Glad it helps! Feel free to post any questions that may come up

Could we post the video in the Articles & Tutorials? Basically as you have it embedded in your post here, but with a searchable title/description. It might be useful for anyone browsing that area.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
On 8/10/2018 at 2:26 AM, khawk said:

Could we post the video in the Articles & Tutorials?

Of course!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement