🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

hola, that wasnt good!

Started by
1 comment, last by Bezzant 22 years, 6 months ago
so, im trying to make a PAK file creator thingy (i made a PAK reader) and at current my PAK writer can only write a PAK with one file. pointless. for the last 10mins or so i have been trying to get it working to add multiple files. well, i thought i did it a few mins ago, however when i opened the extracted txt file and went to open it it took a rather long time and i had to close the process. i take a look at the size of the 2 files extracted and they was both around 1.8GB's (yes gigabytes) in size! this was odd. any idea where the 1.8GB's of data came from? it wasnt written when the app was running, that would have taken time, it just opened then closed real fast. plus the size of the PAK file from which they was extracted is only 81bytes in size. rather amusing , but wouldnt have been if i had about 30+files in the pak.... then not so amusing Edited by - Bezzant on December 5, 2001 1:44:42 PM
Advertisement
quote: for the last 10mins or so i have been trying to get it working to add multiple files.

That''s it? 10 minutes? Wow, that''s nothing. Have patience, and trace through your code. You''ll need to spend more than 10 minutes on it though.

Nutts

My Gamedev Journal: 2D Game Making, the Easy Way

---(Old Blog, still has good info): 2dGameMaking
-----
"No one ever posts on that message board; it's too crowded." - Yoga Berra (sorta)

quote: Original post by BeerNutts
That''s it? 10 minutes? Wow, that''s nothing. Have patience, and trace through your code. You''ll need to spend more than 10 minutes on it though.

Nutts

yeh, i whacked something together to try and get multiple files working, my results were none to good, i deleted that attemp and gonna start over with my base for creating a pak file with just 1 file inside.

i guess i dont even need to write a pak creator, i already got 1, theres loads about.... all i need to do is read/extract from them..... but its something to work on i guess

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement