🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I need help?

Started by
1 comment, last by frob 5 years, 12 months ago

Hello All,

Dear experienced game developers/artists/designers:

1) Can you please advise, what is the best way to organize game portfolio?

I have the idea, to store somewhere in the internet -( Project files/complete mini games with exe files),

that i will do, during my learning and "follow to" tutorials.

2) Do i need to show in my portfolio completely basic mini games? like snake? tetris? 3D models made via Maya LT?

3) Can you please provide links to the examples?

Thank you all Collegues

Advertisement

There is no "best".  Something that is amazing for one person can be terrible for another.

Your portfolio will depend on the jobs you do, and will be highly personal to you.

For an artist the web site will include a collection of images or animations. For a programmer it should probably have code files, videos of gameplay, and packages to download.  Exactly how you present them is part of what you are showcasing.  You make the decision, and your decisions are part of what is communicated.

Exactly what you include and how you format it will be up to you and what you've got.  Single pages, folders and sub-pages based on projects or topics, image carousels, or just links to github and similar sources all can be effective.

If you need ideas you can use your favorite search engine, but you'll quickly discover that every portfolio is unique, and every portfolio should represent designs and decisions made by the individual.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement