🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game Tester/Quality Assurance- Experience Needed

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 6 years ago

Hey guys,

So I’m trying to put a foot into the creative industry however, for the game tester jobs I’ve looked at they ask for you to have previous experience with quality assurance software which I don’t have. 

[deleted by moderator]

Advertisement

Arz, your post has nothing to do with Game Design. The Game Design forum is only for discussion about, you know, designing games - it's not a catch-all forum for any old thing related to game development. Moving this to the Careers forum.

Anyway, in your post you mention QA software - most QAEs don't use any special software, other than the bug reporting database. But SDETs need to know automated testing tools and other special software. QAE means "QA Engineer" and "SDET" means "software development engineers in test." The big guys (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft) have SDET positions, which do require training and experience. If you don't have that, then you should be looking for QAE openings, not SDET. 

I'm guessing you're replying to posted job openings. That's not how you get a QAE job. For a QAE job you just send in your resume even if there is no posted opening. Companies don't advertise for QAE jobs - they don't need to. They get applications coming in all the time. Be one of those.

For more about applying for QA jobs, read my FAQ 5 and my FAQ 17 and How to Write Bug Reports.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement