🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Advice

Started by
3 comments, last by Tom Sloper 6 years, 2 months ago

Hi there, I am currently studying a diploma of screen and media and want to move on to the bachelor of game animation and design after this course finishes. I was just wondering if there was any advice anyone had on landing job interviews and finding work in general for this field. I was also wondering how hard it is to find a job in this field for females as well?

many thanks :)

Advertisement

Court, your first question is too unspecific to be answered. You say "this field" but there is no field matching the major you cited ("game animation and design"). There is animation, and there is design. Which one are you planning to focus on?  I wrote an article on job interviews too.

As for your second question, it depends. If you're in North America, it's not hard for a female applicant to "find" jobs (as you asked) but it can be challenging to get hired (for anyone). Depending on what culture you live in, there can definitely be a bias towards hiring males. And female workers in games tend to be paid less than males (an unfairness that the industry knows it needs to fix). 

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Apologies for not being very specific I am new to this, I would like to focus more on the design side of things,

thankyou as well for linking the article for job interviews as well, I will be sure to have a look at it

I know several female designers, if that helps at all.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement