Advertisement

iOS 11 - 32 Bit Games Compatibility

Started by March 01, 2018 12:47 PM
4 comments, last by nudosu 6 years, 5 months ago

I've few games that no longer supports the iOS 11 because of it's new policy. Can anyone please help/guide me on how can I convert my 32 bit games to 64 bit or anything that will allow iOS 11 users to play my games. Thanks in advance. 

Update: Due to lack of knowledge I've hired a freelancer to get it done! Now they are working just smooth on iOS 11 :)

Dhruv Rathi 
Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp

You may need to provide more information like what language / libraries / engines you are using, in order to get better answers.

Advertisement
4 hours ago, Dhruv Rathi said:

because of it's new policy

It's not really a policy per se. The current OS doesn't contain the necessary compatibility shims to run legacy 32-bit apps.

4 hours ago, Dhruv Rathi said:

Can anyone please help/guide me on how can I convert my 32 bit games to 64 bit

If you are lucky, and/or using an engine like Unity, you'll be able to just rebuild it for iOS 11 with the newest set of tools (i.e. new Unity, new XCode, and so forth).

If this is something your wrote in C/C++, then you may have to do a little porting work. But either way, fire up the project in the latest dev tools, set to iOS 11, and rebuild. The compiler should alert you to major 64-bit compatibility issues.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

The first order approximation is that you just need to build a new release of your game. If you have sources and up to date tools, there's nothing else required.  The second order approximation is that (of course), apple has imposed new requirements which you'll have to comply with, but there ought to be nothing beyond the annoyance level.

---visit my game site http://www.boardspace.net - free online strategy games

On 3/7/2018 at 8:37 AM, ddyer said:

The first order approximation is that you just need to build a new release of your game. If you have sources and up to date tools, there's nothing else required.  The second order approximation is that (of course), apple has imposed new requirements which you'll have to comply with, but there ought to be nothing beyond the annoyance level.

Thanks for reply. Yes new retirements are a bit difficult for newbies like me.

66 Unblocked Games -Kickass Proxy  - TuTuApp VIP - WhenIsFestival

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement