🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Azure Saga: Pathfinder - 2D, Isometric RPG

Started by
2 comments, last by katastrophic88 6 years, 2 months ago

Hello Everyone!

I’m Kat and am now working with MassHive Media -- developer of a recently released RPG named Azure Saga: Pathfinder – as Community Manager.

Far into the future, the human race survives through colonies scattered across the universe. Dive into the world of Azure Saga: Pathfinder and band together to search for the legendary planet that will save humanity. Battle your enemies in JRPG-style turn-based combat, and explore a 2.5D isometric landscape imbued with hand-drawn visuals. Adventure awaits in the fantastic universe of Azure Saga: Pathfinder.

We’d love it if you would stop by our Steam page. You can purchase the game for 25% off until March 20th!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/672590/Azure_Saga_Pathfinder/

Looking forward to seeing all of the great indie projects being developed and launching this year!

Advertisement

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to talk about Azure Saga: Pathfinder’s character design changes through the course of development.

As most of you know, in game design, things can change quite a bit from concept to the final result. What starts as a sketch usually changes drastically by the time the game is released.

Take Azure Saga: Pathfinder, for example. The first image below shows two main characters, Synch and Medeina, interacting with each other. In the next two images, you’ll notice how different they look from that initial concept to final form. Finally, the last image demonstrates a large shift in art direction regarding their initial encounter.

JN-4xiAZFhkbWlPTZAag8j3pb31NFbNodNIC8LPfnIryMpbYcB5VE2MeIcTmVVZWOCJMN2cN-bmx9ual_xvcChtOKfPIkVVFt0qZmieSdHSS8phPDAFGlz3aAG6bxLelu_A-yZqfrYBKufkpZkEmFn6psrIYeKOX6z6E7NIv4KL_FhfGGBVg-f-YO0FfZL5A0bmlgCnXZcYRKOYWpzB3VKV5PZEDMDhjyy_I2IppZABy9BhRtAx8QiPNxBVaLQEkO4b7mERTCwE4eTC9Q-ZtLJe4m4QKyfYZDZsz8psCxk98Opd7SF3-h-QCU8ljf_sanmiZH6_BAEdw7D_bPx0Zg--x9PQRxM5KpgMDkfhp41DoHes3K5x8sNuCB1-idDvI2QKFxUF988dfOxZBNdqqBRo8w5dVs5bdUaZe0eN9jiS0JA2lJZ4L4lMYaWZYOoeHofJgSDmfeM-0rA92g8jF1JaQ1tSYhJoFcyeL2c6l7QcvB2HWIC0c5qiZ3oCM3nk_sKpT22GSfZWpvVfsEK6oIyok3fOrAVSk

Though at times the changes were frustrating (because it meant developers had to backtrack a bit) overall the studio was very happy with the updates we made.

How do you and your team make character design decisions? We’d love to know!

Kat @ Masshive Media

Hi Everyone!

I’d like to take a moment to share some elements that make Masshive Media’s Azure Saga: Pathfinder a bit different from other RPGs.

In addition to hand-drawn artwork in a story-rich, isometric world, we have an in-game mechanic called “United Attack.” Party-based turn-based strategy is nothing new, but combining skills to launch a mega-attack  is. You’ll have to figure out which team members and skills work with each other to take advantage of this combat feature – think of it as finding a recipe for the perfect attack.

Certain foes can only be defeated with United Attacks, so it’s important that you discover as many of them as you can! Usually united attacks are found in strategy RPGs, but we incorporated it into a classic, turn-based game.

Xy8Njo4ZIMm8aUZvjO1rfHG72c_zFIChdnp9YJOkLt9WNEFdocCwiY--tVHtywhRmGAXg3DbGoubFHwYpSlHCqJ2J3GxEjX0xqzXbQcng9ziB9hs4bd7x9_9fJUtRttKP07J1MUy

dmx_fr5wAhj10T29dmmZKZLpp-JgQkR0axnTmhm2iN4fw8YmroS5JDdeknkuCkpJGj6sY043wk1ZeQmcJ_5IWzTbZ2sUD6gnOv8Bs9Qz9ira_4Rh9lCL8J5aLW2-_29ZTKOAg1ym

If you love RPG/JRPG-style games, I’m confident you’ll enjoy playing Azure Saga: Pathfinder -- out now on Steam. If you have more questions about Azure Saga: Pathfinder, let me know! I’m happy to answer them.

Kat @ Masshive Media

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement