🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Incorporating gift cards into game

Started by
2 comments, last by David Hwang 6 years, 6 months ago

I am also very interested in this topic but I would like to incorporate Amazon eGift card to an app. Will this go against the gambling law? As it is an digital code(non tagible) for the user to redeem... Can someone give me an advice?

Advertisement

David, 

Could you explain how you intend to incorporate them? If you're using them as a reward for any chance-based game, gambling laws may be implicated. In addition, you may require permission from Amazon for use of their brand in any promotion in which the eGift cards are featured. just a couple of thoughts. 

~Mona Ibrahim
Senior associate @ IELawgroup (we are all about games) Interactive Entertainment Law Group

Hi, Mona

Thank you for the reply!

I am not planning on implementing the eGft into the app itself for gatcha system through API. I am actually interested in using the eGift card as an reward for offline events, such as OBT or official launch event. Usually, I see some companies giving out iPad or phones to certain users who have participated in such events. I was wondering instead of shipping/mailing actual tangible items, if I can simply sent an eGift as it will be faster and more convenient. Do you think this is possible? But I should check with Amazon regarding use of their brand for promotion.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement