🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Give me feedback

Started by
0 comments, last by STRATUM the Game 6 years, 9 months ago

Hey, everyone! This is my first post here.

I would like to know what you think about my project called STRATUM. It's a 2D platformer that is heavily based on storytelling and boss fighting while trekking through the world.

59e61ea0f30a1_THEGAME10_16_20179_50_44PM.thumb.png.c70a640c34f48f3ec37183db9ca611c0.png

Everything in STRATUM takes place in the first century AD, in a world that wraps our own universe, called  The Stratum. A parallel Universe that is the home of the Christian deities . In this game you will play as a Dacian warrior, unfamiliar with everything in this world, you’ll get to know and understand The Stratum together with him.

The main thing that I want with STRATUM is to reinvent the known lore and history of the Christian deities and realms. 

The story is unconventional, it plays down a lot of the mysticism of Hell or Heaven and it gives it a more rational view while keeping the fantastic in it. What do I mean by that? Well, think about Hell. What do you know about it? It's a bad place where bad people go, right? Well, that's not the case in STRATUM. I don't want to describe such a world. In STRATUM, there is a reason for everything, especially for the way Hell is what it is in the game. "Hell" is called The Black Stratum in the game.

This world is not very different from Earth, but it is governed by different natural laws.

The story will also involve the reason why this world entered in touch with ours.

59e620431e04c_THEGAME9_19_20178_55_37PM.thumb.png.6e76e045943acbe0d32613c13189337b.png

What do you think about all that I said? Would you be interested in such a game? I have to say that everything is just a work of fiction made with my imagination. I do not want to offend anyone's beliefs.

I want this to be a one man game. I have been working alone on it (this was my decision from the beginning) from art to effects to programming to music to sound effects to everything.

I also have a youtube video

" rel="external">HERE if you want to see the way the game moves and the way my music sounds.

Please, any kind of feedback will be highly appreciated. If you have something bad to say, do it, don't keep it for yourself only. I want to hear anything that you don't like about my project.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement