🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

NeonAndroid Space Shooter WIP

Started by
0 comments, last by kostile 6 years, 11 months ago

NeonAndroid:

This is a new game that has been in development for quite some time and is still a WIP. It's initialrelease will be for Android followed by a release for Windows and Linux. It is very similar to GeoWars which I'm sure many are familiar with.

To download, head to http://solumgames.com

This is currently a demo that I am releasing for testing. It should work on most mid range to high end android devices. Some of the things you can expect when playing is infinite play with dynamically scaling difficulty. Enemies will spawn with increasing difficulty and at an increased rate varying upon your score. There are a few enemies with very different behaviors so that it doesn't feel like you are killing The same things that just look different. The shaders in the game add for a very nice and pleasing to look at neon effect. The game is written in C# and uses monogame. It runs pretty well on two devices that I have tested it on, the LG G6 and the LG Nexus 5. 

Capture_2017-09-01-11-57-07.png

There are multiple weapons to choose from. Right now there is no indicator for which weapon you have activated. Tapping the buttons to the left will activate and deactivate each weapon. You can have all weapons running at the same time right now but with future versions, that will likely change. Each weapon type is upgradeable and more upgrades are coming as well. Currently the laser does not have any upgrades. Your are given two points per level. Some upgrades do cost more than one point. If you upgrade your health you will notice that it does not replenish. The GUI is going have a very different theme to it once I release the full version, the buttons are small and the menu tabs are as well. To upgrade your weapons you will select the tab with the corresponding weapon name, tap the + button distribute points and click apply to confirm. You can select the minus to remove points only if you haven't applied them before. 

Capture_2017-09-01-12-00-12.png

There are quite a few known issues that I am working on, but it is in a very playable state. Some things you should be aware of if you decide to test out the game.

The controls work by pressing and holding either side of the screen and using the virtual joysticks that appear where you press. The left side will control movement and the right side will control the crosshair.

There are sound effects and music but they are disabled as of right now. 

You can leave the battlefield, You may encounter lag spikes, The difficulty scales very quickly, The Tutorial button on the main menu will not do anything, there may be other minor or major bugs and if you notice one please don't hesitate to inform me.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement