Advertisement

Ideas on how to get partners for a game AI company

Started by August 05, 2017 01:13 PM
2 comments, last by Eck 7 years, 1 month ago

Hello,

I have designed an AI system for games that replicates cognitive psychology models and theories, so that NPCs and other virtual characters can behave in more human-like and interesting ways. An AI for games that thinks like humans opens up a range of new ways of playing and interaction.

I have built a prototype in the Unity game engine, and it can produce quite complex behaviour, including learning and creativity. I am now wanting to develop it further and am looking for people or organisations to help. I am thinking about how I could get companies or individuals to help me produce my AI system and bring it to market. If you have any suggestions it would be great to hear them. 

I have a website that explains my AI system in detail:

www.electronicminds.co.uk

If you have any comments about the AI system, or know anyone who might be interested in helping to develop it, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks for the help.

I've been involved in a company like this before. It's a very tough business to get into. My first advice to you is that your website is far too full of cognitive psychology chatter and far too empty of details about the real bottom line, which is these 2 things:

• how will this have concrete effects on what the player sees or experiences in a game?
  • how will this allow game developers to save money or break new ground?

You need to focus on talking less about what you've done, and more about what you can do for others.

Advertisement

You could also consider packaging your stuff up into a Unity store asset. It's pretty easy to do and you'll probably make some cash off of your idea. :)

- Eck

EckTech Games - Games and Unity Assets I'm working on
Still Flying - My GameDev journal
The Shilwulf Dynasty - Campaign notes for my Rogue Trader RPG

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement