🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help me

Started by
2 comments, last by Songoqq 22 years, 7 months ago
Hi. I have got a little problem. When i compile program there is comeing error(see below). Could anyone tell me what should I do? Linking... LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/ARENA.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe.
Advertisement
Compiles, won't build
A Compiling Error - Please Help

For future refrence, that little 'Search' icon in the upper-right corner of your screen does wonders. I found those 2 links by searching for 'unresolved external symbol _main'.

"So crucify the ego, before it's far too late. To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical, and you will come to find that we are all one mind. Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable."
- Tool
------------------------------

Edited by - wayfarerx on November 29, 2001 1:06:29 PM
"There is no reason good should not triumph at least as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they're organized along the lines of the mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut
The compiler is searching for main() function. I suppose you have used WinMain and by mistake created a console application while it should have been Win32 application.

Hello from my world
hehe, this was also my problem when i was just starting to use VC okey, if you tried cut and paste and then tried to compile your program, VC would ask you if you would like to create a default workspace, if you answered yes here, it would be a console application in which if you''re trying to make win32 apps, it won''t work, that error will come out coz VC is looking for your program other than this is you picked the wrong project
http://www.dualforcesolutions.comProfessional website designs and development, customized business systems, etc.,

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement