🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Subscription Payment Model

Started by
2 comments, last by Wyrframe 7 years ago

Hi there devs!

Is there any website or service where developers can upload their HTML5 games and then charge using a subscription?

Thank you!!

Advertisement
Moving to Business.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hi there devs!

Is there any website or service where developers can upload their HTML5 games and then charge using a subscription?

Thank you!!

I don't know that there is, but I'd be surprised the market of web portal games (much compatible to HTML5-devved games) would offer subscription models and find a market given the majority of these are either ads-powered or advert-gaming experiences (both of which monetize the user without actual end-user investment).

Subscriptions work better with larger-scope products I'm afraid.

Curious to hear back from someone else though!

Armor Games seems to have lots of microtransaction systems built into their platform these days, but subscription? I can't see the heavily indie market succeeding there when even hundreds of AA/AAA MMOs are going free-to-play (in open-world titles) or pay-to-lose (in MOBA titles).

RIP GameDev.net: launched 2 unusably-broken forum engines in as many years, and now has ceased operating as a forum at all, happy to remain naught but an advertising platform with an attached social media presense, headed by a staff who by their own admission have no idea what their userbase wants or expects.Here's to the good times; shame they exist in the past.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement