🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Getting featured on Google Cardboard

Started by
3 comments, last by SillyCow 7 years ago

I am releasing a hobby game on google cardboard, and was hoping to get featured on their Cardboard app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.samples.apps.cardboarddemo

The "get apps" page on the app contains several hobby apps, so I think there might be a (slim) chance that I can get my game featured.

However searching the net, I cannot find any info on how to get featured. Is there a special flag that I need to mark? It seems that the documentation focus has switched to "daydream"m however I am still interested in this.

Anyone have an idea what I need to do?

My Oculus Rift Game: RaiderV

My Android VR games: Time-Rider& Dozer Driver

My browser game: Vitrage - A game of stained glass

My android games : Enemies of the Crown & Killer Bees

Advertisement

I think there might be a (slim) chance that I can get my game featured.
However searching the net, I cannot find any info on how to get featured. Is there a special flag that I need to mark? It seems that the documentation focus has switched to "daydream"m however I am still interested in this.
Anyone have an idea what I need to do?

This is a Marketing question, so I'm moving this to Business.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

You need to have an actual human conversation with the right person at google. Is there some kind of developer contact email to make first contact and start the process of finding out who that person is?

There do seem to be a few genuine random picks for a feature but as Hodgman said, it is generally by "who you know". Even then they still want one sheets before even thinking about it. Doesn't help you any but it seems to be much easier to get featured by Apple.

Did you guys know of any contact details?

I did find their google+ group, but it's read only.

My Oculus Rift Game: RaiderV

My Android VR games: Time-Rider& Dozer Driver

My browser game: Vitrage - A game of stained glass

My android games : Enemies of the Crown & Killer Bees

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement