Advertisement

My First Game (Please Don't Judge Me)

Started by May 27, 2017 02:14 PM
0 comments, last by Postie 7 years, 3 months ago

Hello! I just wanted to say that I have been programming for a while now and I feel proud to say that I have been working on my FIRST EVER game. It is not a great game in any way, and is STILL IN DEVELOPMENT The "graphics" are not good, nor are the sounds or gameplay, but considering it is my first game I am actually dedicated towards, I am happy. I'm currently 16 years of age, and I love to program. Footage of game in the link below (its a sloppy game):

Thank You for taking the time to read this thread :)

Feedback would be much appreciated :D

Not bad. The biggest issue I see is not providing the player feedback on certain game events. For example, when the player or enemies take damage. Because the game is about dodging, it is not immediately obvious if you were hit or managed to get away. You could briefly flash the player red or play an appropriate sound effect (or both).

Another suggestion I have is to add inertia to the player's avatar. So instead of just updating the x,y positions of the player when you hold down the movement keys, you use an acceleration vector to adjust the player's velocity and apply a dampening effect when no keys are held to bring the player to a stop. This can be quite effective in making the controls seem smoother, just don't over do it :).

[size="2"]Currently working on an open world survival RPG - For info check out my Development blog:[size="2"] ByteWrangler

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement