🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Opinion on a Book?

Started by
1 comment, last by Vibur 24 years, 5 months ago
I''ve been asking around and have been told that a very good book to learn C++ from is "Who''s Afraid of C++?" by Steve Heller. Has anyone read/used this book and, if so, what did you think of this book? Any recommendations for a better one? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
I found "The C++ Programming Language" by Bjarne Stroustrup very useful. Though, its not for the novice. It assumes you know at least some other programming language, preferably C. However, its great for learning C++ as it covers _every_ aspect or C++ and its great as a reference too.
"The C++ Programming Language" by Bjarne Stroustrup is one book that you should certainly get, but Staffan is right, it''s better used as a reference.

A very good beginning book is Al Stevens "Teach Yourself... C++ (5th Edition)." I really thought this was a well written book by an authority in the field. It''s readable and complete. Also, I have heard many other people praise it, so you could do worse.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement