🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A good C++ beginner manual

Started by
11 comments, last by Red Nalie 22 years, 7 months ago
Hey, I am a Dutch wannabe C++ programmer No I was just wondering, what is a good manual to start with, like from the beginning?! I really wanna learn C++ so don''t think this is just a ONE-NIGHT thingy Thanks people, hopefully you can give me some advice Better to reign in Hell, than to be a servant in the Heavens
Better to reign in Hell, than to be a servant in the Heavens
Advertisement
Hmmm...

SAMS Teach Yourself C++ in 24hrs

(I suggest that book to everyone because it''s the one I used )

---------------

I finally got it all together...
...and then forgot where I put it.
A little bit of advice: don''t sound too much like a newbie

"I really wanna" sounds a bit... newbie-ish... And we allready assume that most people whom post here, really want to learn.

And as for your question: Jamsa''s Teach Yourself C++ in 21 days. I got a copy in Dutch at home. Want to borrow it for a while?
Take 21 days, not 24 hours!!!! 21 days teaches you a bit more, a bit better

Edited by - Ronin_54 on November 28, 2001 3:27:55 PM
quote: Original post by AdmiralBinary
Hmmm...

SAMS Teach Yourself C++ in 24hrs

(I suggest that book to everyone because it''s the one I used )

Did it really help U begin?
Cause I don''t know anything about C++ yet (well a bit, cause a friend of mine is a C++-er )
Thank you by the way, I''ll see if I can find it foor a reasonable price

quote: Original post by Ronin_54
A little bit of advice: don''t sound too much like a newbie

"I really wanna" sounds a bit... newbie-ish... And we allready assume that most people whom post here, really want to learn.

And as for your question: Jamsa''s Teach Yourself C++ in 21 days. I got a copy in Dutch at home. Want to borrow it for a while?

Thanks Maarten, take it to school tomorrow
Tnx btw, you''ll get it back as soon as I have some books of my 0wn, (buying one next week, and I''ll see if I''ll ask one for christmas )

Yeah it did help me begin...I knew nothing about C++ - only a bit about QBASIC lol.

quote:

I took 24 weeks with the SAMS book, and it helped - it helped a lot. Covers everything from simple I/O to operator overloading and polymorphic classes. (That''s what it says on the cover, anyway - must be good )

---------------

I finally got it all together...
...and then forgot where I put it.
quote: Original post by AdmiralBinary
Yeah it did help me begin...I knew nothing about C++ - only a bit about QBASIC lol.

The only thing I know, is HTML

quote: Original post by Ronin_54

well, yeah... but it takes 21 times as long
anyways, on a completely separate note (and yes, this is completely irrelevant): people from america are "american". people from china are "chinese". people from egypt are "egyptian". so why exactly are people from holland called "dutch"? shouldn''t they be "hollandese" or something? "netherlandian"? i''m not trying to be a smart-ass, i''m really curious.

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
quote: Original post by krez
Original post by Ronin_54

well, yeah… but it takes 21 times as long
anyways, on a completely separate note (and yes, this is completely irrelevant): people from america are "american". people from china are "chinese". people from egypt are "egyptian". so why exactly are people from holland called "dutch"? shouldn''t they be "hollandese" or something? "netherlandian"? i''m not trying to be a smart-ass, i''m really curious.

— krez (krezisback@aol.com)

We are proud to call ourselves Dutch don''t ask why though, I really don''t have a clue

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement