🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

pixel art: the egyptian soldier in the egyptian temple

Started by
4 comments, last by snowmiser 7 years, 3 months ago

just tell me what you think..

[attachment=35028:sprite24.png]

Advertisement

I am thinking Adventure time!

Well...I'm gonna need some context. Because I don't really know what I'm looking at here lol.

I like the idea of visual storytelling that you have there. You see the image and you need to scroll down to see what the image is about, so there's a bit of suspense. You could add some blood splats and scratches on the walls as you scroll down, as an indication of the fight that you're about to see.

But exactly for this reason I think the scene at the bottom should be much more impactful. Use more dramatic lighting, viewpoint, poses etc.
Right now it's a bit tame.

Take a look at some theatre photographs, that's exactly what they try to do: impactful visuals.

DSC06323.jpg

0_H1_NABU.jpg

505e75_1bbddd48982e4b5faa4f93ac6eca1ed2.

The purple background is kind of dark, especially the upper part with the heiroglyphs. . the soldier could use a bit more detail, or greater variation in colors. right now its kind of just a red silhouette.

To increase believe-ablity and immersion, use a real egyptian sword.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khopesh

642d36ef84897137d053880d6bbc1984.jpg

Norm Barrows

Rockland Software Productions

"Building PC games since 1989"

rocklandsoftware.net

PLAY CAVEMAN NOW!

http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php

That's a really neat looking piece of art! The first thing I noticed was that, relative to the detail of the wall, the snake and the soldier could use a bit more detail. Perhaps add a darker outline to them, some more shading, and texture of equal detail to that of the wall.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement