🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Tutorials for Newbies

Started by
-1 comments, last by Anton 22 years, 7 months ago
I got started from Vic''s tutorials about a year ago. After playing Dark Ages, a kick-ass QBasic RPG, I got inspired, and started looking into some QBasic tutorials, since I didn''t get really far with C++. Most of them were crap, and I just got discouraged until I came across his tutorials. They''re pretty easy to follow, and start from zero and go into graphics fast. I actually made an RPG in QB! Anyway, it is my opinion that every newbie should at least give them a look-over and see if there is anything to be learned (even if you''re using a different language, the programming practices should still be similar). Since I couldn''t find them online anymore, I''m putting up the ones I have on my hard-drive, which are about 2 years old. If you want to take a look at them, they''re at http://www.t35.com/gamenetwork/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Game+Creation&number=1&DaysPrune= I only have 1-5 for now, and I''ll be putting the rest up later.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement