🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

C++ language reference?

Started by
19 comments, last by Ziphnor 22 years, 7 months ago
"...there are loads of references available on the net for C++ core libraries, but what specifically are you searching for?"

I just want a reference for all the standard libs in C++, ie the libs that are available in all C++ implementations.
This of course includes all of the STL.
The reference section at www.cplusplus.com is exactly what im looking for, the only problem is just that its not complete.

The SGI STL reference is also good, but im a bit confused as to how much of the header files available/mentioned there are part of standard c++. For example, do i use the same syntax for a hashtable as its described in SGI as i would in, say Visual C++(and is the hashtable classes even part of standard c++?)?
Of course i could just download the SGI STL package and use that(which i have done) but i was just wondering whether or not i already had the STL.(In fact, i think i might be a bit confused as to how the whole C++ language is build up, as compared to Java which is managed by Sun and no one else).

But anyway, if there is a book that contains this kind of reference i would be very interested.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement