🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Starting New Game And I Don't know what to do

Started by
2 comments, last by Tom Sloper 8 years ago

Hi guys, A few days ago I was planning to start a new game.

I thought to make a species of reboot of my first game, name: Forgotten Evils.

But, I have some doubts about the 'true' changes of the game.

Surely graphics changes and some bug fixing, but then? I really don't know..

Besides, the first game wasn't all that great, it was like no gravity or physics inside of it, with very poor and simple graphics, and NO VARIABLES.

Nowadays without a variable I can't do anything in a game... Anyway, here's a bunch of the story:

Year 5000, in the far future, the world is toxic and uninhabitable. The whole world is very sick. A group of high-tech spies has discovered the truth:

many time ago, in 2015 (the game was published 2013) an evil scientist named Kim Jong, planned a cruel plan with his assistants Dr. Higuara and Prof. Mosson to conquer the world, but their plan went wrong and the world gone toxic by the radioactivity unleashed by Kim's space machine.

Now the spies are returning there to stop the evil scientist and save the whole world from the uninhabitability.

Now, what do you think of the game? Have you got some ideas? Please let me know.

Advertisement
What you've described is a basic outline of a story, you haven't said anything about the actual game: is it 2d or 3d? Platformer, RTS, shooter, something else?

What is the player's role? Are they one of the spies?

If you want to make a fun game focus on the actual game rather than the story - the same game could be given a different story with elves and wizards but essentially be the same gameplay.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Basically the game was a 2D platformer with a lot of stealth parts (it wouldn't be a spy without stealth) and the player is himself a spy.

I think the gameplay isn't very addictive, the original game was kind of trash.

So, here's link to the original game: (use arrows to move - can't jump - space to attack - alt to restart level - shift to save) hovewer, in the original game there isn't any kind of stealth part or cinematic.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2fge9io1ed2rzb6/Forgotten+evils.exe

Another thing, which program I can use to create some sort of cutscene/cinematics?

Basically the game was a 2D platformer with a lot of stealth parts (it wouldn't be a spy without stealth) and the player is himself a spy.
I think the gameplay isn't very addictive, the original game was kind of trash.
So, here's link to the original game: (use arrows to move - can't jump - space to attack - alt to restart level - shift to save) hovewer, in the original game there isn't any kind of stealth part or cinematic.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2fge9io1ed2rzb6/Forgotten+evils.exe

Another thing, which program I can use to create some sort of cutscene/cinematics?

WolfCorp, here in the Game Design board we just discuss game design. There's a separate board for Visual Arts (cinematics), another board where
you can discuss story (Writing), and other ones where you can get advice about technology.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement